Oxford Alumni email service: Terms and Conditions of use
Your use of the Oxford Alumni email service (the “Service”) is governed by Aluminati Network Group’s (the “Service Provider”) Privacy Policies and the further terms and conditions set out on this page. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using the service: by using the service, you indicate that you accept these terms and conditions and you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to these terms, you may not use this service.
- You agree that you will only use the Service in a manner that is consistent with these terms and conditions and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- You acknowledge that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages and other materials are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such content originated. This means that you are entirely responsible for all content that you transmit that is any way connected with the Service.
- You agree that you will not, and will not permit others, in connection with the Service to:
- transmit any content that may be illegal, defamatory, obscene, offensive, harmful to the safety or any person, aimed at harassing any person or invasive of another person’s privacy;
- disguise the origin of any content or otherwise misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organisation;
- transmit any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or contractual or fiduciary relationship;
- transmit any content that infringes any intellectual property or other rights of another person;
- transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation;
- promote or conduct any business or commercial activity;
- knowingly transmit any data or to send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware; and
- adversely interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to it.
You acknowledge that the Service Provider may establish general practices and limits concerning the use of the Service, including without limitation: the maximum size of any email message and/or attachment that may be forwarded to you; the nature and number of attempts that will be made to forward or send an email message before attempting to return it to the sender and, in the event of continued failure, discarding them. Policies regarding general practices and limits issued, or made available, by the Service Provider from time to time shall form a part of these terms and conditions.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password used by you in connection with the Service and are fully responsible for activities that occur in connection with its use. You must notify us immediately of any unauthorised use of which you become aware.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Service.
You agree to indemnify and hold the Service Provider harmless from any claim or demand (including reasonable legal fees) made by any third party due or arising out of any inappropriate use of the Service by you or any person authorised by you or for whom you are responsible (for example, as the parent or guardian of a child).
- The Service carries with it no rights in relation to the name of the Service Provider or its logo or trademarks or other intellectual property owned by it.
- All intellectual property rights in the Service are owned by the Service Provider or its licensors.
- You are granted a personal, non-transferrable, worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive licence to use the intellectual property rights in the Service. This licence is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Service in the manner permitted by these terms and conditions. You may not copy, modify, distribute, sell or lease any part of the intellectual property rights in the Service without the prior written permission of the Service Provider.
- The Service Provider may terminate your use of the Service without prior notice for any reason and you agree that the Service Provider may immediately de-activate or delete your account and/or bar any further access to the Service and/or reject any email messages to your terminated oxon.org/oxfordalumni.org email address.
- The Service Provider shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Service.
- The Service Provider reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- You agree that the Service Provider shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
- Aluminati will use its reasonable endeavours to maintain the Service in a fully operating condition. However, the Aluminati does not make any warranty that use of the Service will be uninterrupted, virus-free, timely, secure or error-free; or that use of the Service will not affect equipment used to access the Service. In particular, Aluminati does not warrant that use of the Service will not infringe the rights or any person or organisation; nor that the Service is of reasonable quality or fit for a particular purpose, even if Aluminati has received notice of an intention to use the Service for that purpose
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis.
- No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Aluminati shall create any warranty or other obligation.
- The Service Provider shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary or other damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or any intangible losses resulting from the use or inability to use the Service or any other matter relating to the Service.
- Nothing in these conditions shall affect the statutory rights of any consumer.
Any changes to these terms and conditions will be posted on this page. You should check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes: such changes are binding on you. Please note that some of the provisions contained in these terms and conditions may also be expressly superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the website.
- These conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and you and the Service Provider agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Any failure by the Service Provider to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, you nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to our intentions as reflected in the provision and that the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions remain in full force.
Section headings are inserted in these terms and conditions for convenience only, and they shall not be taken into account in their interpretation.
© University of Oxford, Alumni Office